Prior to bringing your quilt top to your quilter:
- Trim, press* and square your quilt top
- The backing should be a MINIMUM of 5-6 inches wider and longer on all four sides of your quilt top. (Minky, fleece or flannel backs require at least 6 inches larger than all sides of the top).
- Press* your quilt back to ensure wrinkles and puckers are removed from the backing.
- Avoid using a bed sheet as your quilt back. Fabric intended for quilting will yield a better result.
- Provide at least one straight edge to your quilt back. Leaving the selvage on one outer edge will help the quilter line the back up on the frame. When seaming the back together, be sure you remove the selvage prior to sewing the middle seams as the selvage does not stretch the same as other fabric. If the selvages are left on middle seams, they will be trimmed at an additional cost.
*Additional charges may be applied for tops or back that have to be pressed or trimmed and sewn together by the quilter.